Deadly shooting in Chicago's River North
CHICAGO (WLS) -- Chicago police are investigating a deadly shooting in River North.
Two men were shot while in their car near Ohio and Clark early Monday morning.
The men were able to drive themselves to Stroger Hospital. But once there doctors pronounced one man, a 25-year-old, dead. The other man, a 29-year-old, is now hospitalized in serious condition.
There has been no word on a motive for the deadly shooting.
Police closed up part of Ohio Street while they searched for clues into the deadly shooting.
Many bars in that area close at around 4 a.m. In Chicago's River North neighborhood, \the Rock 'N' Roll McDonald's restaurant is open for 24 hours along with other businesses in the area.
Residents and business owners were still trying to come to terms with the shooting that occurred early Monday morning.
Twenty-five-year-old Curtis Ellis of Chicago was pronounced dead from multiple gunshot wounds.
The two men were shot on the northwest corner of North Clark and West Ohio streets. Jarrod Sulda, a resident of the area, says he is concerned.
"A couple of years ago, I was mugged in this neighborhood. From where I live, I feel that my area should be a pretty safe neighborhood to live in. It just makes you feel that you can run into problems in the city no matter where you go," he said.
"Why can't we just get along? It is summertime. We should be enjoying Chicago instead of being scared to walk down the street," said Ray Austin, Chicagoan.
Fado Irish Pub stays open until 2 a.m. It is located across the street from the crime scene. Kieran Aherne said he does not believe the shooting will affect business in the area.
"It is unfortunate and very sad. I hope the people involved are OK. But there's nothing much to be nervous about here. It is a safe area," he said.
There's still no word of the circumstances surrounding the shooting. An investigation is underway and police were attempting to determine if additional vehicles were involved.
- Officer, man shot in Arlington Heights standoff
- Brutal cold grips continues; more snow coming
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Gun violence victims remembered at Roseland vigil
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- Our Lady of Guadalupe celebration wraps up in Des Plaines
- Feds crack down on unsafe buses
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party