Teen shot to death in Morgan Park community
CHICAGO (WLS) -- A Chicago public high school student was killed Sunday, two days before starting what would have been his junior year.
Terrence Jones, 16, was gunned down just steps away from his home on the Far South Side and minutes before his 9 p.m.
Police say he was playing basketball with friends at the Lamb playlot park at about 8:30 p.m. Sunday when several people approached them. One person opened fire.
Terrance's family says he dreamed of becoming a pharmacist.
"Everybody liked him. I don't know anybody who did not like him," said Shanaveon Pious, the victim's sister.
"That's some nonsense. It doesn't make sense. We're killing each other out here for no reason," Jerry Williams, the boy's brother-in-law, said.
Terrance Jones was taken to Advocate Christ Hospital where he later died.
There's now a small memorial in the park where the shooting happened in the 1400-block on West 109th Street in the city's Morgan Park neighborhood.
Family members insist the teenage boy, who was about to begin his junior year at Morgan park High School, was not in a gang. They are offering a small reward for information leading to an arrest in the case.
- Van driver dies after fiery CTA bus crash
- 2 officers struck by car in West Side alley
- Chicago Bulls fall to Wizards 101-99 in OT
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Chase preceded Roseland bus stop crash that injured 5
- Man arrested after Kilbourn Park standoff with kids, dog
- Maywood man charged in fatal West Side hit-and-run 44 min ago
- Park Ridge pole crash causes power outage 29 min ago
- 1957 murder convict Jack McCullough files appeal
- Photos: Van driver dies after CTA bus crash in...
- Missouri execution carried out after 1993 murder of couple over...
- Aereo vs. ABC case before SCOTUS finds justices skeptical
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game
- 7 in :77
37 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos