Man shot fatally in Humboldt Park neighborhood
CHICAGO (WLS) -- A man was killed during an apparent drive-by shooting Saturday morning.
About 5:30 a.m., a 32-year-old man was shot in the stomach at 928 N. Central Park Ave., police News Affairs Officer Laura Kubiak said.
The man, identified by the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office as 32-year-old Gregory Jones, was standing next to his vehicle when unknown occupants in a passing vehicle began to shoot at him. He was taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County and pronounced dead, Kubiak said.
Harrison Area detectives are investigating, and no one is in custody. A description of the vehicle involved was not immediately available.
(The Sun-Times News Group contributed to this report.)
- Contaminated injections traced to IL clinic
- Second video allegedly shows guard push student
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- James Ealy guilty in 2006 Burger King murder
- $1.5M boat catches fire, trespasser arrested
- Distance not the issue with CPS safe passage
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Free Sunday parking plan faces scrutiny
- Concealed carry bill passes Illinois House
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old