Man shot fatally in Humboldt Park neighborhood
CHICAGO (WLS) -- A man was killed during an apparent drive-by shooting Saturday morning.
About 5:30 a.m., a 32-year-old man was shot in the stomach at 928 N. Central Park Ave., police News Affairs Officer Laura Kubiak said.
The man, identified by the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office as 32-year-old Gregory Jones, was standing next to his vehicle when unknown occupants in a passing vehicle began to shoot at him. He was taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County and pronounced dead, Kubiak said.
Harrison Area detectives are investigating, and no one is in custody. A description of the vehicle involved was not immediately available.
(The Sun-Times News Group contributed to this report.)
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Brief warm-up followed by snow
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash 14 min ago
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Former suburban Dominick's to become Piggly Wiggly 23 min ago
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1 17 min ago
- Cocaine stash found in Aurora man's home
- 2 accused of videotaping abuse at nursing home
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- abcnews: Cops Seek Bad Witch Who Stole Ruby Red...
- John Hancock observatory to Tilt
18 min ago