Man shot fatally in Humboldt Park neighborhood
CHICAGO (WLS) -- A man was killed during an apparent drive-by shooting Saturday morning.
About 5:30 a.m., a 32-year-old man was shot in the stomach at 928 N. Central Park Ave., police News Affairs Officer Laura Kubiak said.
The man, identified by the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office as 32-year-old Gregory Jones, was standing next to his vehicle when unknown occupants in a passing vehicle began to shoot at him. He was taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County and pronounced dead, Kubiak said.
Harrison Area detectives are investigating, and no one is in custody. A description of the vehicle involved was not immediately available.
(The Sun-Times News Group contributed to this report.)
- LIVE Coverage of Nelson Mandela Memorial 1 min ago
- Bears fans brave frigid temps at Soldier Field
- Waukegan police search for suspect in sex assault
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 32 min ago
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway
- Illinois man charged with animal cruelty defends actions
- $100M investment proposed for Gary Airport
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- Passengers stranded overnight at O'Hare airport
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Vaccinate Illinois Week kicks off to promote flu shots
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
32 min ago