Man shot fatally in Humboldt Park neighborhood
CHICAGO (WLS) -- A man was killed during an apparent drive-by shooting Saturday morning.
About 5:30 a.m., a 32-year-old man was shot in the stomach at 928 N. Central Park Ave., police News Affairs Officer Laura Kubiak said.
The man, identified by the Cook County Medical Examiner's Office as 32-year-old Gregory Jones, was standing next to his vehicle when unknown occupants in a passing vehicle began to shoot at him. He was taken to John H. Stroger Jr. Hospital of Cook County and pronounced dead, Kubiak said.
Harrison Area detectives are investigating, and no one is in custody. A description of the vehicle involved was not immediately available.
(The Sun-Times News Group contributed to this report.)
- Boy Scouts to lift ban on openly gay scouts
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student 21 min ago
- PETA honors Lombard firefighters for duck rescue
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Evanston school takes action after reports of 'sexting'
- Chicago pet store collecting donations for Oklahoma pets 18 min ago
- Zachary Fardon nominated for US Attorney
- CTU aims to have Emanuel ousted in 2015
- Bryeon Hunter mom pleads not guilty in death of son
- Villa Park suspect grabbed girl, 13, police say
- Slide tips over, injures 6 Algonquin Lakes students
- Monk accused in Antioch child luring out on bond
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- abcnews: IRS' Lois Lerner Placed on Leave
- CPS security guard allegedly pushed student
21 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos