Teenager fatally shot on Northwest Side
A teenager was found dead Saturday night following a shooting on the city's Northwest Side.
Chicago police say 16-year-old Danny Lima was shot inside a home in the 2100-block of North Kildare.
Few details are being released about the shooting.
Hours earlier, Mayor Daley and Chicago Police Superintendent Jody Weis took part in an anti-violence march through that very neighborhood. The mayor along with Chicago Alternative Policing Strategy (CAPS) representatives encouraged parents to get involved with their efforts to stop crime across Chicago.
- Exclusive: Boy 'on alert' after surviving pit bull attack
- Judge orders day care worker released from jail
- Cubs celebrate 100th birthday of Wrigley Field
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gacy investigation helps ID bones of man missing since 1978
- Religious display vandalized at Daley Plaza
- Sites suggested for George Lucas museum in Chicago
- Ravinia tickets on sale Thursday for 2014 concert season
- NTSB head calls for rail tank car changes
- Wortham lawsuit settled with Mississippi gun dealer
- Summer Infant recalls 800K baby monitors
- Divvy passes 1 million trip milestone in 9 months
- Photos: People's 'Most Beautiful' list of 2014
- abcnews: Officer Caught Tripping Kids at Soccer Game