Chicago man shot fatally in parked car
A 30-year-old man was shot and killed while sitting in his car Friday night.
Rashidi Butler had just watched his daughter's talent show and returned home from running an errand when someone opened fire.
The car was parked in the 7300-block of South Eberhart Ave. on the city's South Side. The gunshots shattered the car's windows and struck Butler several times in the chest.
Butler's girlfriend, Tajuana Harrell, said he was a family man.
"Family was like the entire world to him. So, I don't know why anyone would want to harm him," Harrell said.
"I still can't believe it, and the hardest part is saying something to my granddaughter about it," said the victim's father, Tommie Carroll.
Witnesses say the person who shot Butler was in a pick-up truck, which may have been red.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Chicago police.
- Fardon nominated for US Attorney of Northern District IL 8 min ago
- Fardon nominated for US Attorney of Northern District IL 2 min ago
- CTU vows not to re-elect mayor over school closings
- Woman injured in Chicago Skyway crash
- Police: Drive safely, buckle up on holiday weekend
- I-Team: Morgue donates bodies without authorization
- Chicago fast food workers protest for higher wages
- CTA bus crash in Chicago Lawn injures 2
- Pritzker's Commerce Secretary confirmation hearing begins
- Brian Urlacher retires from NFL after career with Chicago Bears
- Census bureau finds Chicago is growing, but slowly
- Northlake man to be sentenced after kids found tied
- Jurors to resume deliberations at Trump trial
- Man sentenced in murder after alleged ad for sex with pregnant...
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos