Chicago man shot fatally in parked car
A 30-year-old man was shot and killed while sitting in his car Friday night.
Rashidi Butler had just watched his daughter's talent show and returned home from running an errand when someone opened fire.
The car was parked in the 7300-block of South Eberhart Ave. on the city's South Side. The gunshots shattered the car's windows and struck Butler several times in the chest.
Butler's girlfriend, Tajuana Harrell, said he was a family man.
"Family was like the entire world to him. So, I don't know why anyone would want to harm him," Harrell said.
"I still can't believe it, and the hardest part is saying something to my granddaughter about it," said the victim's father, Tommie Carroll.
Witnesses say the person who shot Butler was in a pick-up truck, which may have been red.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Chicago police.
- 4 girls, 1 boy shot in Park Manor drive-by
- Woman killed in West Side hit-and-run
- Chicago shootings: 9 dead, 35 hurt since Friday night
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 officers hurt in Calumet Heights rollover crash 36 min ago
- Motorized wheelchair stolen from Ondelee Perteet
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- Wizards rally past Bulls in Game 1
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Rubin Carter dead at 76; boxer 'Hurricane' exonerated in triple... 16 min ago
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout
- 7 in :77