Chicago man shot fatally in parked car
A 30-year-old man was shot and killed while sitting in his car Friday night.
Rashidi Butler had just watched his daughter's talent show and returned home from running an errand when someone opened fire.
The car was parked in the 7300-block of South Eberhart Ave. on the city's South Side. The gunshots shattered the car's windows and struck Butler several times in the chest.
Butler's girlfriend, Tajuana Harrell, said he was a family man.
"Family was like the entire world to him. So, I don't know why anyone would want to harm him," Harrell said.
"I still can't believe it, and the hardest part is saying something to my granddaughter about it," said the victim's father, Tommie Carroll.
Witnesses say the person who shot Butler was in a pick-up truck, which may have been red.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Chicago police.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park 20 min ago
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released 8 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 38 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
38 min ago