Chicago man shot fatally in parked car
A 30-year-old man was shot and killed while sitting in his car Friday night.
Rashidi Butler had just watched his daughter's talent show and returned home from running an errand when someone opened fire.
The car was parked in the 7300-block of South Eberhart Ave. on the city's South Side. The gunshots shattered the car's windows and struck Butler several times in the chest.
Butler's girlfriend, Tajuana Harrell, said he was a family man.
"Family was like the entire world to him. So, I don't know why anyone would want to harm him," Harrell said.
"I still can't believe it, and the hardest part is saying something to my granddaughter about it," said the victim's father, Tommie Carroll.
Witnesses say the person who shot Butler was in a pick-up truck, which may have been red.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Chicago police.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 16 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration 34 min ago
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Report: Centrella could buy some Dominick's stores
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets
- 4M passengers expected at Chicago's airports during holidays 51 min ago
- Man charged with fatal shooting of 12-year-old in 2012 21 min ago
- Deck the malls with security
- Cousin of Mass. gov, from Rockford, among 8 getting commutations 9 min ago
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage
- London Apollo Theatre collapse injures 79 29 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- 7 in :77
36 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
16 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos