Chicago man shot fatally in parked car
A 30-year-old man was shot and killed while sitting in his car Friday night.
Rashidi Butler had just watched his daughter's talent show and returned home from running an errand when someone opened fire.
The car was parked in the 7300-block of South Eberhart Ave. on the city's South Side. The gunshots shattered the car's windows and struck Butler several times in the chest.
Butler's girlfriend, Tajuana Harrell, said he was a family man.
"Family was like the entire world to him. So, I don't know why anyone would want to harm him," Harrell said.
"I still can't believe it, and the hardest part is saying something to my granddaughter about it," said the victim's father, Tommie Carroll.
Witnesses say the person who shot Butler was in a pick-up truck, which may have been red.
Anyone with information is asked to contact Chicago police.
- Snow blankets city, suburbs 1 min ago
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- SUV with child stolen in Colorado, I-25 chase 5 min ago
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos