Chicago's main post office open 24 hours
April 15, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The deadline for filing income tax returns is midnight on April 15.
The main Chicago post office, located at Harrison and Canal, is always open 24 hours so last minute filers can drop their returns off there.
But this year, all other post offices will keep their normal hours and will not stay open late.
The postal service says with so many people filing on the internet now. There is no need for other facilities to stay open.
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm
- Jury deliberates in Allan Kustok murder trial
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands 46 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins lands after 6 months in space
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos