Roasted Cauliflower and Queensland Blue Squash
Recipe from Chef Suzy Crofton, Crofton on Wells.
Place the cauliflower in a roasting pan and drizzle a little olive oil over it to facilitate the roasting. Place pan in a 400-degree oven and let roast for about 30 minutes until medium brown. Shake pan every ten minutes. Take the squash and cut it in half horizontally. Scoop out seeds and place cut side down on a baking sheet(with silpat). Cook at 350 for an hour. When cooked, remove orange flesh and set aside.
In a medium size saucepan sweat sliced onion in a tbsp. of olive oil. Add cauliflower, and cover with chicken stock, approximately 2 cups. Bring to a boil and let simmer for ten minutes. Remove from heat and puree along with squash with a blending stick or in a blender.
You can chill the base at this point or finish it for serving. To finish bring the cream and buttermilk to a boil and whisk in the soup base along with some chicken stock to thin the soup. Bring to boil, whisking constantly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. Ladle into heated soup bowls and garnish with chopped chives and a swirl of crème fraiche.
Shagbark Hickory Crème Fraiche
Whisk ingredients together and chill until ready to use. If the crème has solidified stir with a spoon before swirling on to soup.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Murder charges in crash that killed officer
- Photos: Comedian David Brenner throughout the years PHOTOS
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Big Wheel Race in West Dundee
- Man falls to ramp leading to Chicago River
- Oprah sells Harpo Studios complex in West Loop
- Body found in Indiana ID'd as missing woman Cathryn McGill
- Chicago archdiocese to release more abuse files
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine...
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- abcnews: Missing plane a 'deliberate act,' Malaysia...