Man allegedly burns 1-year-old son
December 9, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A North Aurora man was in jail Wednesday night, accused of purposely burning his 1-year-old son.
On Wednesday, Jason Barnes pleaded not guilty to battery charges.
Prosecutors say he gave the child third-degree burns on his toes.
They later had to be amputated.
Barnes allegedly told investigators that he was not home when his son was burned and that the boy burned his own toes.
A judge refused to reduce his $500,000 bond.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 56 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy 47 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Malaysia Airlines reports plane missing 12 min ago
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North 8 min ago
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- 'El Chapo' lieutenant wants trial in Chicago
54 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift...
56 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
47 min ago