Man allegedly burns 1-year-old son
December 9, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A North Aurora man was in jail Wednesday night, accused of purposely burning his 1-year-old son.
On Wednesday, Jason Barnes pleaded not guilty to battery charges.
Prosecutors say he gave the child third-degree burns on his toes.
They later had to be amputated.
Barnes allegedly told investigators that he was not home when his son was burned and that the boy burned his own toes.
A judge refused to reduce his $500,000 bond.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting
- Meeting addresses consequences of 'sexting'
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death
- Lyons residents respond to police cuts
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos