Sformato di Zucca
December 14, 2009 -- Flan Made With Leftover Butternut Squash Soup
4 cups butternut squash soup, room temperature
Salt and pepper to taste
Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a mixing bowl, whisk together the squash soup and the 10 eggs, sprinkle with a little salt and pepper, depending on how seasoned the soup was.
Butter 4, 4-ounce ramekins and pour the squash mixture 3/4 of the way up to the top. Bake at 350 degrees in a water bath, covered with aluminum foil. Bake about 30 minutes or until the center is firm. Set aside, do not refrigerate, if serving that day.
Unmold the flans and garnish with a spoonful of Parmesan sauce and Drizzle with aged balsamic vinegar. Serve warm.
For the Sauce
1 tablespoon gorgonzola cheese
1/2 cup heavy cream
Drizzle balsamic vinegar -- aged
In a small saucepan, heat the Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup heavy cream. Bring to a boil and adjust the seasoning. Set aside.
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 6 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party 30 min ago
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Illinois halts plan to require ATV permits
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos