Toy giveway benefits Chicago children
December 19, 2009 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Englewood's 14th annual Christmas toy giveaway attracted a crowd of boys and girls and their families Saturday, in addition to many top government leaders.
The officials included Gov. Pat Quinn and Mayor Daley, who has attended all 14 of the giveaways.
Many bicycles were awarded. Some happy kids received sneakers, and others were given electronics or a variety of toys.
Thanks to generous sponsors, this giveaway was bigger than last year's, despite the nation's troubled economy.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side 47 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party 52 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos