Grocery store to open in Loop
March 29, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Marino's Fresh Markets store will open in Chicago's Loop in 2011.
It will be the first full service grocery store to open in the Loop in years, according to Roundy's Supermarkets, Inc. The store will be located at 340 East Randolph Street and is slated to be complete in 2011.
The grocery store will have basics, as well as a bakery and deli with prepared foods for breakfast, lunch and dinner. Also in the plans- a sushi bar and Italian themed café.
The store is part of a condominium development planned at 340 East Randolph St.
Roundy's is opening a second Mariano's Fresh Market in Arlington Heights in Spring 2010.
Roundy's was founded in Milwaukee in 1872 and operates 154 grocery stores and 88 pharmacies in the Midwest. roundys.com
- Married couple found dead in Garfield Ridge
- Parishioners find inspiration in Cardinal George
- Blackhawks Seabrook suspended 3 games
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Chicago shootings: 6 dead, 24 hurt since Friday night
- Police: One dead, one critical after South Lawndale shooting
- Six people shot at Easter party in Montgomery
- Couple marks 77-year wedding anniversary
- Utica marks 10 years since deadly tornado
- Transcript reveals confusion over ferry evacuation
- Lawyer: No more appeals for Crundwell 21 min ago
- Kraft recalls 96,000 pounds of Oscar Mayer wieners 19 min ago
- Flowers blooming in Millennium Park's Lurie Garden
- abcnews: Russia 'Outraged' by Deadly Ukraine Shootout