2 charged in Tinley Park home invasion, beatings
April 16, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Two men have been charged in connection with the home invasion and beating of a Tinley Park family, police said Friday.
According to Tinley Park police, Chicago resident Maxx J. Walker, 24, and 25-year-old Frank Adkins of Calumet City, Ill. now face felony home invasion charges. They also are charged with unlawful use of a weapon by a felon, residential burglary, and aggravated battery.
The suspects were ordered held on $2 million bond each after appearing in Will County court Friday.
If convicted, police say, the suspects could serve 6 to 30 years in prison.
Walker and Adkins were taken into police custody shortly after the incident unfolded Wednesday morning.
Earlier in the week, police had said they were search for four additional suspects. However, authorities said Friday that they continue to search for up to two more individuals.
- Snow cancels, delays flights at airports 1 min ago
- Austin fire destroys building, leaves 10 homeless 45 min ago
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport