Earth Day in Chicago
April 21, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Celebrate Earth Day's 40th anniversary with fun, educational and fit events.
5K for Earth Day
Saturday, April 24th at 8 a.m. along Humboldt Park and Logan Square. Registration fee for runners and walkers is $30 and $35 the day of the event. Fees for children ages 11 to 17 are $20 and children under 10 are free.
Scout Seasonal Workshop
The Scout Seasonal Workshop will be held April 24, from 1 p.m. to 3 p.m. at the Chicago Botanical Garden. This event is great for kids! The event will include a scavenger hunt, craft projects and other hands-on activities. Tickets for the event are $12.
Green fitness boot camp by Body Revolution uses urban resources- like playgrounds and park benches- as exercise tools. The cool down for the end of each session is 10 minutes of picking up recyclable trash. PHOTOS: Check out the workout
On April 22nd from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. come celebrate Earth Day with the Chicago Climate Action Plan team - City of Chicago, Global Philanthropy Partnership and Civic Consulting Alliance. Cheer on the Earth Day Video Competition winners as they are announced. Visit booths to learn about what Chicago organizations and businesses are doing to fight climate change.
Lincoln Park Zoo's Science Celebration
Apr 22, 2010
Lincoln Park Zoo celebrates Earth Day with their sixth annual Science Celebration. This event is free!
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 3 min ago
- Brief warm-up followed by snow 2 min ago
- Missing plane may have created seismic event, Chinese researchers say
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Cops: Sober man testing vehicle breathalyzer causes crash 48 min ago
- Mundelein girl in court again after half-sister's murder
- Pi Day celebrated on 3.14 with Chicago specials
- Photos: Chicago police officer killed in crash
- SUV rolls off Jane Addams exit ramp in Rosemont
- Northwestern University unveils $3.75B campaign
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Runway reopens after failed takeoff at PHL
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains
- 7 in 77
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
3 min ago