Willis Tower skydeck cracked by paperweight
May 19, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- One of the skydeck ledges at the Willis Tower had to be blocked off last weekend because of damage from a paperweight.
A spokesperson said someone accidentally dropped the paperweight. It caused damage to just a top film layer of one ledge.
There was no damage to the structural glass. The ledge has been reopened.
- Baby boy found dead in Logan Square gangway
- 2 teens found dead in South Side apartment
- Suburban woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Person drowns in kayak accident on Fox River
- Cardinal George presides over Easter vigil mass
- Blackhawks lose 4-3 in OT to St. Louis Blues
- Bloomingdale Trail bridge moved from Ashland to Western
- Teen dead after chase, shooting end in West Town crash
- Firefighters battle blaze in West Garfield Park
- Man appears in court with part of ear bitten off
- SUV crashes into Villa Park house
- Anti-violence Easter march held in South Chicago
- abcnews: Meth Lab Found in Million-Dollar Home