Chef Rick Bayless on White House State Dinner
May 23, 2010 (WLS) -- You think you have a busy week? Take a peek at Chicago chef Rick Bayless' schedule.
Cooking dinner last Wednesday for the Presidents of the U.S. and Mexico at a state dinner at the White House, then off to the Monterey Bay Aquarium two days later for a Cooking for Solutions Conference; home for a few hours over the weekend to recuperate, only to fly off to Los Angeles, where he's opening his first restaurant outside of Chicago - Red O - on May 26th.
Food reporter Steve Dolinsky talked to Bayless about the state dinner, saw some of his candid pictures, and got a little preview of what's coming up in Los Angeles this week.
restaurants, steve dolinsky
- China: Vietnam detects signal from missing jet
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
- Scoozi restaurant closing in River North
- Kennedy reversible lanes closed at times this weekend
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- ABC7's Ravi Baichwal takes part in dance event
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Sickened By Meat Laced with LSD