Chicago girl missing in Lake Michigan
June 10, 2010 (TOWN OF HOLLAND, Wis.) (WLS) -- The Coast Guard is searching for a missing Chicago girl who fell into Lake Michigan in southern Wisconsin.
It is happening in Sheboygan County. Rescue crews say they don't expect to find 9-year-old Sofia Khan alive.
Khan was on a kayak by herself Wednesday when she fell in the water.
Authorities say Khan's father tried to rescue his daughter. But the strong winds carried her too far from shore.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures man at Argyle
- Cragin on alert after girl, 15, beaten, sexually assaulted
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mega Millions: 1 ticket worth $1 million sold in Chicago
- Boy, 16, critically wounded in Little Village shooting 46 min ago
- Report: CPS headquarters could move 30 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd 19 min ago
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Consumer Reports: Best and Worst Value Cars
- Submit Your Holiday Lights Photos/Video to ABC7
- abcnews: Pope's Christmas Message: Serve The Poor 11 min ago
- 7 in :77