Fundraiser for homeless women's shelter
June 17, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A fundraiser was held Thursday night for the largest provider of services for homeless women in Chicago.
Deborah's Place marked its 25th anniversary during the celebration at the Garfield Park Conservatory.
The facility opened as the city's first year-round emergency shelter exclusively for homeless women.
Kathy Brock was the emcee for the fundraiser.
We want to make www.abc7chicago.com even better. We hope you will take a few minutes to share your thoughts about our Web site ... Just Click Here to Begin!
- Brutal cold grips Chicago, suburbs
- Mother charged in death of 7-month-old baby
- Video: I-Team Thursday at 10
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Man charged after boy allegedly brings gun to Elgin school
- Block 37 developers indicted on federal fraud charges
- Mariano's holds job fairs this week in city, suburbs
- No retrial for alleged CPD torture victim Wrice
- Rally held to support CTA program that helps ex-convicts
- Metra Rock Island train hits car on South Side
- Mom charged after YouTube postings of alphabet lesson
- Michael Jordan shoes from Finals sell for $104K
- Coyote attacks on small dogs reported in Wheaton
- abcnews: More Teens Sought in Mansion Party