'Obama Drive' unveiled in Calumet Park
August 21, 2010 (CALUMET PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- A street in south suburban Calumet Park has been renamed for the president of the United States.
Hundreds of people turned out Saturday morning as a one-mile stretch of 127th Street was renamed Obama Drive.
Following the unveiling, a parade marched down the newly named street.
The board of Calumet Park voted unanimously to renamed that stretch from Winchester to Carpenter.
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014 13 min ago
- Chicago targets in terrorist crosshairs, new al Qaeda magazine says
- Former inmate lawsuit alleges excessive force
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- 2 arrested in Robbins burglary at site of triple murder
- Early voting for primary races ends Saturday
- Malaysian leader: Plane's disappearance deliberate
- CPD officer remembered as 'true blue knight'
- Disabled lawyer devoted to making world accessible
- Kennedy Expressway reversible lanes closed Saturday
- Mega Millions jackpot swells to $400 million
- Video: Noel O'Conner, Mayor of County Cork, Ireland
- Film offers glimpse of 1940s-era Chicago
- abcnews: Doctor Performs Illegal, Cut-Rate Butt...
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
13 min ago