SIU student dies after fall from roof
September 21, 2010 (CARBONDALE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Police in Carbondale are investigating the death of a Southern Illinois University student from the Chicago area.
Police say 21-year-old Daniel Seidl fell from the roof of a Carbondale resident on Sunday. Seidl, a sophomore at SIU, was from suburban Evergreen Park.
Investigators say he fell during an off-campus social gathering early Sunday morning. Investigators will not say if foul play or alcohol played a role in his death.
- Boy, 12, killed in hit-and-run in Whiting 46 min ago
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Grand jury indicts Lake Station mayor, wife
- Police release sketch in Albany Park attempted kidnapping 35 min ago
- Chicago boy remembered 1 year after suspicious death 10 min ago
- Kirk introduces stroke research, treatment legislation 14 min ago
- Tavern shutdown racially motivated, owner says
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos