Metra train collides with truck on South Side
November 18, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A pick-up truck driver is recovering Thursday after a collision with a Metra train.
The accident happened Wednesday night along 95th Street when a Joliet-bound Rock Island District line train struck the back of a pick-up.
Officials say the gate and lights were working at the time. They are investigating the possibility the driver may have tried to drive around the gates.
That driver was hospitalized in stable condition Thursday.
The accident briefly delayed trains on that line.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos