Metra train collides with truck on South Side
November 18, 2010 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A pick-up truck driver is recovering Thursday after a collision with a Metra train.
The accident happened Wednesday night along 95th Street when a Joliet-bound Rock Island District line train struck the back of a pick-up.
Officials say the gate and lights were working at the time. They are investigating the possibility the driver may have tried to drive around the gates.
That driver was hospitalized in stable condition Thursday.
The accident briefly delayed trains on that line.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- 6 shot at party in Austin
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 49 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Interpol: Database not checked pre-Malaysia flight 2 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches 18 min ago
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos