Winnetka chief joins city colleges
January 25, 2011 (WINNETKA, Ill.) (WLS) -- The police chief of north suburban Winnetka is leaving his post to take a job with City Colleges of Chicago.
Joe De Lopez led the Winnetka police department starting in 2002. Before that he was a 30-year veteran of the Chicago Police Department and had been considered for the superintendent's job.
He will now be the vice chancellor for safety and security for the city colleges.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Carl Sandburg H.S. on 'soft lockdown'
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- Amber Creek murder suspect appears at preliminary hearing
- Resurfacing project begins to fill potholes
- Gurnee man sentenced in sex assaults of 2 kids
- Huntley teen charged, allegedly crashed SUV into home
- Truck driver who allegedly molested 11 kids sentenced
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- ABC 7 To Go, April 16, 2014
51 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos