Winnetka chief joins city colleges
January 25, 2011 (WINNETKA, Ill.) (WLS) -- The police chief of north suburban Winnetka is leaving his post to take a job with City Colleges of Chicago.
Joe De Lopez led the Winnetka police department starting in 2002. Before that he was a 30-year veteran of the Chicago Police Department and had been considered for the superintendent's job.
He will now be the vice chancellor for safety and security for the city colleges.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side 15 min ago
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 11 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Tinley Park hosts St. Patrick's Day parade
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Ford Motor leader William Clay Ford dead
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
11 min ago
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
15 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos