Ryan attorneys ask for another furlough
January 27, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Attorneys for Gov. George Ryan have made a second request to get the former governor out of prison so he can visit his sick wife.
Ryan was allowed a two-hour visit with his wife, Lura Lynn, in a Kankakee hospital recently, but Ryan's attorneys want another furlough.
Lura Lynn Ryan remains in the hospital undergoing treatment for lung cancer. Former Gov. Jim Thompson, who represents Ryan, has said she does not have long to live.
- Oklahoma tornado kills 37, death toll expected to rise, M.E. says 29 min ago
- Photos: Tornadoes hit Oklahoma, Kansas
- 'Pollen tsunami' in Chicago, allergist says
- Shooting outside Planned Parenthood in Merrillville, Indiana
- Pit bull attacks 9-year-old boy on South Side
- Church van crash kills 5 in Vandalia, Illinois
- 87-year-old accusing Trump says, 'Somebody had to stand up to...
- United Dreamliner 787 lands at O'Hare
- Photos: Reported fatal church van crash in...
- CPS protests, marches continue
- abcnews: 200-Lbs. Bear Pulled From Colorado Springs...
- Oklahoma tornado kills 37, death toll...
29 min ago
- 1st weekday of Red Line Reconstruction
59 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos