Ryan attorneys ask for another furlough
January 27, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Attorneys for Gov. George Ryan have made a second request to get the former governor out of prison so he can visit his sick wife.
Ryan was allowed a two-hour visit with his wife, Lura Lynn, in a Kankakee hospital recently, but Ryan's attorneys want another furlough.
Lura Lynn Ryan remains in the hospital undergoing treatment for lung cancer. Former Gov. Jim Thompson, who represents Ryan, has said she does not have long to live.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer