Ryan attorneys ask for another furlough
January 27, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Attorneys for Gov. George Ryan have made a second request to get the former governor out of prison so he can visit his sick wife.
Ryan was allowed a two-hour visit with his wife, Lura Lynn, in a Kankakee hospital recently, but Ryan's attorneys want another furlough.
Lura Lynn Ryan remains in the hospital undergoing treatment for lung cancer. Former Gov. Jim Thompson, who represents Ryan, has said she does not have long to live.
- Police: Suspicious item on LSD was sleeping bag
- Bond denied for suspect in Boystown sex assault 17 min ago
- Hero officers save two boys from West Pullman fire 37 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 24 min ago
- Child struck, killed by car in Whiting, Ind. 7 min ago
- School bus collides with car, then sign in Bartlett
- Cubs unveil plans for Wrigley's 100th birthday
- ComEd seeks rate hike to help pay for Smart Grid 15 min ago
- CTA eyes Red Line extension proposals 10 min ago
- Bucktown water main break gushes for hours 51 min ago
- Chicago casino plans pitched at gaming hearing
- UIC faculty strike averted, tentative deal reached
- Michelle Obama to meet with CPS students in DC
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand
- I-Team: Warning about home loans
47 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos