Important information for early, absentee voters
February 18, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Thousands took advantage of early voting in Chicago.
Elections officials report 73,251 ballots were cast between January 31 and Thursday, when early voting ended.
That is three times the number of early votes cast in the last municipal election four years ago.
For those casting absentee ballots, it must be postmarked by Saturday since there is no mail service Monday.
Monday is a federal holiday.
Voters who have not yet received an absentee ballot in the mail can vote in person at the Chicago election board's offices at 69 W. Washington.
ABC7 will have comprehensive election coverage Tuesday night.
Starting with live updates and results throughout Tuesday evening, we'll have expanded coverage on our 10 p.m. newscast.
You can get continuous results at ABC7Chicago.com.
- Snow, cold fail to deter holiday shoppers
- Chicago pastor under investigation for child sex abuse
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 1 dead, several injured in Racine pile-up
- Patients celebrate holidays at Ronald McDonald House
- 2-year-old girl killed by dog on South Side
- Driver charged after bicyclist killed in Douglas Park accident
- FEMA canvassing tornado areas in Central Ill.
- Blackhawks G Crawford leaves game early with injury
- Chicago marks passing of Nelson Mandela
- Bears, Cowboys prepped for frigid Monday game
- Cold weather brings flight delays, cancellations
- abcnews: Man trapped in empty plane at Houston Airport