Peanut Butter and Jelly Wings Recipe
February 19, 2011 (CHICAGO) -- Recipe courtesy Jim Nichols, chef and owner of CrossTown Pub & Grill.
Peanut Butter Sauce
2 cups Peanut Butter (chunky is best)
1/2 cup of coconut milk (can also use hot water)
3 Tablespoons of soy sauce
2 cloves of chopped garlic
2 teaspoons of lemon juice
1/2 teaspoon of red pepper flakes
Heat in pot until creamy -- add additional coconut milk to thin as needed.
Deep fry or saute wings until thoroughly cooked using the tips below.
Once chicken is done cooking, combine wings with the house seasoning from CrossTown and toss it in the Peanut Butter Sauce.
Jelly Dipping Sauce
Red raspberry dressing
1/3 cup of raspberries
1 Tablespoon balsamic vinegar
1/3 teaspoon honey Dijon mustard
1/4 cup of honey
Pinch of salt and pepper
Tips for Cooking
Preparation is key -- this is where 99.9 percent of people fail.
1. Jumbo wings are the way to go! Who wants to eat little wings with no meat? Not in Chicago!
2. Get fresh wings, not frozen. Develop a relationship with your butcher to know when you can get them fresh.
3. Use the wings within a day or two at most.
4. Brine the wings (salt/any kind of sweet vinegar in ice water for about an hour; if ice melts, add more). This helps the wings retain water so they cook inside to out. It also makes them plump.
5. Use vegetable oil. Peanut oil leaves a malty taste to food.
6. Oil temperature should be 350 degrees.
7. If you want the wings naked, that's fine. Or, use a little flour to dust the wings if you want them breaded.
8. Cook for approximately 15 minutes or until 165 degrees internal temperature.
9. Once done, toss the wings in a bowl of the recipe above.
- Chicago Weather: Snow to arrive Tuesday
- Kane County relocating animals from Hampshire farm 17 min ago
- Flight 370: Missing Malaysia plane search expands
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 41 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side shooting 15 min ago
- Blue Line stop reopens after water main break
- Car crashes into building in Belmont Cragin
- 1 dead, 8 injured in Chicago shootings Monday night
- $7 million shoplifting suspect due in court, parents jailed
- 5 hurt in crash on Aurora bridge
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- Photos: Highest-paid musicians, according to...
- Photos: 'The Bachelor' Season 18 finale in pictures
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
41 min ago
- ABC7 to Go, March 11, 2014
11 min ago
- Retired CPD sergeant critical after SE Side...
15 min ago
- Coast Guard cutter Mobile Bay goes to work...
4 min ago