7-car pileup leads to backup on I-80/94
March 1, 2011 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- Four people were ticketed after a multi-car crash involving seven vehicles on I-80/94 westbound Tuesday.
One minor injury was reported in the chain-reaction crash at the 11.6 mile marker around I-65. An ambulance believed to be en route to the scene got stuck in the ensuing backup.
Drivers are advised to expect long delays in the area and seek alternate routes during rush hour Tuesday morning.
Only one lane was open westbound for two hours, and a more than four-mile backup formed during the investigation and cleanup.
Indiana State Police say there was a disabled vehicle in the same area just before the crash. The first three vehicles that approached the scene were able to stop. But the next four cars could not stop and crashed into the backs of each other, pushing each car forward. The last four vehicle drivers were cited for following too closely.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase 38 min ago
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen 33 min ago
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- 11th District Republicans hope to unseat Bill Foster
- Chicagoan helping to empower college students
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- Video: Time-Lapse Video: Snow Melt in Naperville
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation
- CPD officer killed in crash after police...
38 min ago