Happy Faces photo shoot raises money for Children's Memorial
March 16, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- You're invited to show off your happy face this weekend and raise money for sick children.
"One thousand happy faces, this is a one-day event where we get 1,000 people here in this place and there will be group of photographers who take pictures of every participant and all those pictures we will put together and print giant billboard," Boguslaw Szedny, said.
The billboard will then be donated to the City of Chicago and displayed on a building to make Chicago smile.
There will be music, food and drinks during the photo shoot. All of the money collected goes to Children's Memorial Hospital.
The event takes place Sunday from 4 to 10 p.m. at the Victor Hotel, 311 North Sangamon. Register online at 1000happyfaces.org. Among the celebrities on hand will be former ultimate fighter and Chicago native Shonie Carter.
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city, suburbs 42 min ago
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $344M
- What electronics will be under your tree?
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- EB 80/94 closed at Cline by multi-vehicle crash 20 min ago
- Illinois bids for Boeing plant
- Frozen hydrants hamper CFD firefighters
- Skokie fire lights up sky
- Groupon founder to donate half his wealth to charity
- Public hearing discusses Ashland bus-only lane
- Store owner shoots, kills alleged robber on SE Side
- Video released of multi-vehicle pile-up near Milwaukee
- abcnews: Dog thwarts mail delivery for over a year
- Snow followed by extreme cold in city,...
42 min ago