Family sues restaurant after peanut allergy death
March 18, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- The family of a girl who died from an allergic reaction to peanuts at school is suing the Chinese restaurant that provided the meal.
Thirteen-year old Katelyn Carlson was a student at Edison Regional Gifted Center in Chicago's Albany Park neighborhood. She died last year after she ate food at a school party that was provided by the Chinese Inn restaurant in Niles.
The lawsuit claims the school warned the restaurant not to include peanuts in the meal because some of the students had food allergies.
ABC7 was unable to reach the restaurant for a comment.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits