A look at photos used to convict Marni Yang
March 22, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- It took jurors only four hours to convict Marni Yang of murdering the pregnant girlfriend of former Chicago Bears player Shaun Gayle.
On Tuesday, ABC7 took a closer look at evidence used against Yang.
The evidence is from inside Rhoni Reuter's home.
On the morning of October 4, 2007, Reuter was leaving her Deerfield condo for work when Yang ambushed her and opened fire.
Photos of that scene are among hundreds released by Lake County prosecutors showing the extensive evidence that was used to convict Yang of first degree murder.
Bullet holes can be seen in the walls of Reuter's condo.
The 42-year-old was gunned down just inside her doorway.
Firing the weapon was Yang, who was upset that Reuter was 6-months pregnant with former Chicago Bear Shaun Gayle's baby.
Yang, who occasionally had sex with Gayle, fired several shots killing Reuter and her unborn baby.
Nearly a year-and-a-half later, Yang told a froemd in a conversation that was secretly recorded that after the shooting, she spotted a photo of an ultrasound on Reuter's refrigerator and baby clothes piled on her dining room table.
Yang also said that she stole a bracelet.
Yang went on to say she discarded the weapon in a dumpster, however, police never found the gun.
Last week, a jury found Yang guilty of first degree murder and intentional homicide of an unborn child.
Several photos of the crime scene are credited with helping the prosecution in their case against Yang.
In addition to the photos, prosecutors played the recordings of Yang telling her friend how she carried out the crime.
Yang will be sentenced April 29. She faces life in prison.
local, karen jordan
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store 48 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Massachusetts bans 'upskirt' photos after ruling
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant