$1.5M in heroin seized in SW Side bust
April 8, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago drug bust netted more than $1.5 million worth of heroin.
Juan Delgado, 35, of the 5200 block of South Richmond Street, was charged with one count of manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance, 900+ grams of heroin, and one count of possession of a controlled substance, 900+ grams of heroin, the release said. Juan Vazquez, 45, of the 4400 block of North Kasson Avenue, was charged with one count of Possession of a Controlled Substance, 900+ grams of heroin.
Police say they saw the two engaging in a drug deal on South Kedzie Avenue Wednesday, according to a Chicago police press release. The men were arrested and two kilograms of brown heroin, with a street value of $200,000, were seized.
Officers then searched a home on the Southwest Side in the 3900-block of West 60th Place and say they recovered the bulk of the heroin.
Police confiscated 15 kilograms of heroin.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Body found in sewer ID'd as missing woman 3 min ago
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy 45 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 33 min ago
- CFD vehicle involved in South Side crash
- Crime scene expert testifies for Kustok defense
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Set clocks ahead for daylight saving time
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
33 min ago
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
45 min ago
- Yelp Reviews: Real or Fake?
49 min ago