$1.5M in heroin seized in SW Side bust
April 8, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A Chicago drug bust netted more than $1.5 million worth of heroin.
Juan Delgado, 35, of the 5200 block of South Richmond Street, was charged with one count of manufacture/delivery of a controlled substance, 900+ grams of heroin, and one count of possession of a controlled substance, 900+ grams of heroin, the release said. Juan Vazquez, 45, of the 4400 block of North Kasson Avenue, was charged with one count of Possession of a Controlled Substance, 900+ grams of heroin.
Police say they saw the two engaging in a drug deal on South Kedzie Avenue Wednesday, according to a Chicago police press release. The men were arrested and two kilograms of brown heroin, with a street value of $200,000, were seized.
Officers then searched a home on the Southwest Side in the 3900-block of West 60th Place and say they recovered the bulk of the heroin.
Police confiscated 15 kilograms of heroin.
The Sun-Times Media Wire contributed to this report.
- Beverly mom, children found safe in Wisconsin 58 min ago
- CTA Belmont bypass plan could affect 16 buildings
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty to corruption charges 21 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 27 min ago
- Program Note: Jeopardy to air Late Night
- Photos released in Yellow Line attack
- Presidential library in Chicago takes step forward
- Investigation continues after boy dies in Whiting hit-and-run
- Obama: 8 million signed up for health care
- Boy, 15, charged as adult in South Side shooting
- Waukegan couple's spat yields 16-officer response, 2 hurt
- US decries anti-Semitic leaflets in Ukraine
- Blackhawks set for playoffs Thursday with STL Blues Game 1
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship
- Lake Station mayor, family plead not guilty...
22 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos