New farmers market in Grant Park?
April 22, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Chicago's front yard may soon get its own seasonal farmers market -- full of fresh fruits and vegetables.
The Chicago Park District is in talks with the company Bensidoun USA about opening a seasonal farmers market near the south end of Grant Park along Michigan Avenue. The park district tells ABC7 no contract has been reached.
If it works out, the Grant Park farmers market would be on Fridays and could open as early as Memorial Day and would run through October.
Bensidoum USA runs the French market at Ogilvie Transportation Center.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos