Car crashes into Streeterville real estate office
June 7, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Two months after opening a Streeterville office, a real estate company got a destructive welcome to the neighborhood.
A vehicle, apparently heading southbound the wrong way along a frontage street that runs parallel to Lake Shore Drive struck the southwest corner of a vintage condominium and office building at 540 N. Lake Shore Drive where OwnACondo.com operates.
The accident happened early Sunday.
"If the phone rings at 3 a.m., it's usually not good news. And sure enough, when OwnACondo.com's Owner and Managing Broker Brian Kuzdas answered his cell phone late Saturday night / early Sunday morning June 5, he didn't like what he had to hear," a news release from the company said.
The owner says he was told the car then backed out of the damaged area and made a getaway heading west on Ohio, again, going the wrong way. However, the car's bumper with a license plate attached was lying in the street, Kuzdas said.
Kuzdas said the damage to the building includes broken windows, various structural elements surrounding the windows, furnishings and supplies inside.
No arrests have been made.
- Extra-alarm blaze struck in Irving Park
- Officer hit in face by bullet fragment released
- Photos: Malaysia Airlines plane MH370 missing 59 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Jackknifed semi slows traffic on Tri-State near O'Hare 11 min ago
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van 43 min ago
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute 40 min ago
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party 47 min ago
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Pay-by-phone coming for Chicago parking meters 42 min ago
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- California earthquake centered in Eureka measures 6.9 magnitude
- Photos: Plane entangles in skydiver parachute
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds
- 7 in :77