Report: Christian Choate wrote letters detailing abuse
June 24, 2011 (GARY, Ind.) (WLS) -- The 13-year-old boy whose body was found buried in Gary, Indiana, reportedly wrote letters detailing his abuse before he died.Christian Choate was found buried under concrete in a trailer park.
Prosecutors say his father, Riley Choate, and his stepmother, Kim Kubina, starved and beat the boy and kept him in a cage.
The Northwest Indiana Times reports the boy wrote letters about how he wanted to be liked by his family and how he wanted to die. The letters were discovered after his body was found.
Choate's father and stepmother have pleaded not guilty to murder and abuse charges. The Indiana Department of Children Services put out a statement saying: "With regard to these circumstances DCS did everything it legally could to ensure the well-being of this child at the time of our interactions with the family."
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos