Mom allegedly carried murdered infant around for hours
June 28, 2011 (HARVEY, Ill.) (WLS) -- A south suburban woman is accused of killing her infant son then carrying him around for hours the next day.
Toyrianna Smith of Harvey is charged with first-degree murder.
Prosecutors say she suffocated her 3-month-old baby last Wednesday because he wouldn't stop crying.
Smith then allegedly put the dead infant in a baby carrier and took him shopping with her before going to a neighbor's house. That neighbor called police.
Smith allegedly confessed to suffocating her child.
- 2 hurt in North Side crash
- Malaysia jet may have turned back
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- 6 shot at party in Austin
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- PM won't budge '1 centimeter' from Ukrainian land 46 min ago
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Malaysia jet may have turned back 2 min ago
- No consensus on notifying victims of data breaches 15 min ago
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos