Lura Lynn Ryan buried in private service
June 29, 2011 (KANKAKEE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Former Governor Jim Thompson says a private funeral service for former Illinois first lady Lura Ryan was held Wednesday.
A public gathering for Ryan will be held Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m at Schreffler Funeral Homes, 1900 W. Court Street in Kankakee.
Mrs. Ryan died Monday night after a long battle with cancer at the age of 76.
Her husband, former governor George Ryan, was released from federal prison to be by her side when she died.
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff 46 min ago
- Girl, about 3, found dead in Riverdale woods
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set 11 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 49 min ago
- Toddler reported missing on South Side 49 min ago
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- GOP gubernatorial candidates make last campaign push
- Parolee charged in fatal shooting
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues 26 min ago
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
49 min ago
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour...
46 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos