Lura Lynn Ryan buried in private service
June 29, 2011 (KANKAKEE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Former Governor Jim Thompson says a private funeral service for former Illinois first lady Lura Ryan was held Wednesday.
A public gathering for Ryan will be held Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m at Schreffler Funeral Homes, 1900 W. Court Street in Kankakee.
Mrs. Ryan died Monday night after a long battle with cancer at the age of 76.
Her husband, former governor George Ryan, was released from federal prison to be by her side when she died.
- Illinois Lottery bounced checks for 8 winners
- Illinois Senate approves medical marijuana bill
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Karen Lewis re-elected head of Chicago Teachers Union
- Winning Mega Millions numbers announced
- CTA: Orange Line service resumes
- 4 men charged with murder of Chicago sailor in Bahamas
- New York City commuter trains collide in Connecticut
- Preckwinkle criticizes, questions CPS closures plan
- 2 rescued from capsized boat in Lake Michigan
- Thousands of area debit card users target of phishing calls
- 2 dead in Chicago Heights fire identified
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin