Lura Lynn Ryan buried in private service
June 29, 2011 (KANKAKEE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Former Governor Jim Thompson says a private funeral service for former Illinois first lady Lura Ryan was held Wednesday.
A public gathering for Ryan will be held Friday from 11 a.m. to 1 p.m at Schreffler Funeral Homes, 1900 W. Court Street in Kankakee.
Mrs. Ryan died Monday night after a long battle with cancer at the age of 76.
Her husband, former governor George Ryan, was released from federal prison to be by her side when she died.
- CTA Red Line shooting injures passenger 24 min ago
- Girl sexually assaulted near Safe Passage route
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 18 min ago
- 30 dogs removed from North Chicago apartment
- 1-month anniversary of Midwest tornadoes outbreak
- ADM to open headquarters in Chicago, sources say
- Police search for suspect in Valparaiso armed robberies
- Plane lands at O'Hare after reporting mechanical problem
- Woman, 30, dead in Chicago River fall ID'd
- Reno hospital shooting on campus kills 2, including gunman
- Dart: Concealed carry approval process flawed
- Salvation Army feeds families, seniors in need in Chicago
- abcnews: Dad, Daughter Recreate Wedding Photos
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
18 min ago