Ill. National Guard deployment to Iraq canceled
July 5, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Seventy five soldiers from an Illinois National Guard unit will not be deployed as expected.
The Army canceled the deployment of the Guard's 710th area Support Medical Company from north Riverside because of the drawdown of American troops in Iraq.
The soldiers have spent several months training and were planning to ship out to Kuwait in November. They expected to spend a year there.
- Grand Blue Line stop reopened after water main break
- Suburban police to begin carrying Narcan
- Stolen passports probed in Malaysian plane mystery
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Gary shooting: 1 dead, at least 2 others injured
- H.S. wrestling coach accused of sex with student
- GOP candidates for IL treasurer square off in forum
- Mt. Prospect woman accuses neighbor of hate crime
- Chicago pothole 'strike teams,' formed by CDOT crews
- Sarah Kustok defends father at murder trial
- Spring-like day followed by snow
- Larkin High School poms squad honored
- Chicago glows green ahead of St. Patrick's Day
- abcnews: Happy Couples Share 6 Common Habits