Funeral held for teen killed in Ind. beach fight
July 9, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Kevin Kennelly, 17, was laid to rest Saturday. He died following a fight at an Indiana beach on the Fourth of July.Kennelly attended Mount Carmel High School and played baseball and soccer. He would have been a junior.
Saturday morning's service was held at St. Barnabas Church in Beverly, Ill.
According to police, James Malecek, 19, punched Kennelly once in the head, which caused the injury that led to his death. Malecek is charged with involuntary manslaughter and aggravated battery.
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border 29 min ago
- Target credit card breach causes anger, frustration
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 44 min ago
- Dominick's offers more discounts as stores close 6 min ago
- Rogers Park stabbing leaves woman, 21, blind; man charged
- More Chicago speed cameras to issue real tickets 51 min ago
- NW Side residents hold meeting on sex assault
- Deck the malls with security
- Glen Ellyn student accused of assaulting school staff member
- Rev. Al Sharpton holds meeting on Chicago gun violence
- Carol Stream Culver's raises money for child with leukemia
- Pastor defrocked after officiating son's gay marriage 11 min ago
- abcnews: Reddit Secret Santa User is Bill Gates
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
44 min ago
- Freezing rain reported around Wis. border
29 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos