Funeral held for teen killed in Ind. beach fight
July 9, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Kevin Kennelly, 17, was laid to rest Saturday. He died following a fight at an Indiana beach on the Fourth of July.Kennelly attended Mount Carmel High School and played baseball and soccer. He would have been a junior.
Saturday morning's service was held at St. Barnabas Church in Beverly, Ill.
According to police, James Malecek, 19, punched Kennelly once in the head, which caused the injury that led to his death. Malecek is charged with involuntary manslaughter and aggravated battery.
- Gun hidden in sock kills woman at thrift store
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Video: Yelp reviews: Phony or Real?
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash 10 min ago
- Woman accused of stealing credit cards from Loop gym 13 min ago
- Teen struck, killed by Metra train
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock
- I-Team finds man wanted by Interpol in Chicago
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Festival Fridays
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemotherapy
39 min ago