Ex-press secretary joins Daley at firm
July 21, 2011 (CHICAGO) -- Jackie Heard, who served as press secretary to Richard M. Daley for 14 years, will join the former mayor at a Chicago law firm.
Heard will be the director of communications and public relations at Katten Muchin Rosenman LLP.
Jodi Kawada, who also served under Daley as deputy press secretary, is also joining the team. Kawada was named manager of communications at Katten.
The two will provide public relations guidance for both lawyers with the firm and clients.
Katten has more than 600 lawyers in offices across the country, including Chicago, New York, Los Angeles, Washington D.C., Charlotte and London.
- Chicago police officer shot on South Side
- Vietnam says it may have found missing jet's door
- Good Samaritans rescue driver from burning van
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man fatally shot by police in domestic dispute
- Sheriff Dart facing opposition from own party
- Brown's Chicken killer wins federal lawsuit
- Mobile payment option for metered parking
- Farewell held for local deployed soldiers
- Gay wedding expo celebrates marriage equality
- Fundraiser held for teen injured at ski park
- Orr Academy basketball player among 6 shot at party
- Mexican culture celebrated at Navy Pier
- abcnews: Toddler with Rare Kidney Disease Beats Odds