Man charged in double homicide in Chatham
July 31, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 22-year-old man has been charged with two counts of murder in connection with the shooting deaths Friday of a man and woman.
David Russell is expected to appear in court for a bond hearing Sunday.
Police responded about 3:30 p.m. Friday to East 81st Street and South Cottage Grove in the Chatham neighborhood after hearing shots fired.
Officers found two people with gunshot wounds in a car. Kenneth Taylor, 24, and Moneet Baker, 22, were later pronounced dead.
Officers arrested two people after a short chase but the second person was released without being charged.
- CPD officer killed in crash after police chase
- Senate candidate criticized for trip before election
- Brief warmup followed by snow
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Orr Academy basketball player back in game after shooting
- Body found near Ind. river where woman last seen
- Digital assets becoming part of estate planning
- I-Team: Billionaire arrested on Chicago corruption charges
- Con men targeting Mount Greenwood senior citizens
- Former Will Co. jail inmate sues over alleged excessive force
- State Rep. race in SW suburbs heats up
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday
- Ventra system only way to pay by July 1
- abcnews: Chris Brown Arrested for Violating Probation