82nd annual Bud Billiken Parade
August 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A summer tradition in Chicago since 1929 continued with ABC7's broadcast of the 82nd annual Bud Billiken Parade, live and in HD, Saturday, August 13, 10:00 am - 12:30pm.
ABC7 anchors Cheryl Burton, Jim Rose, and Hosea Sanders co-hosted from the broadcast booth capturing all the fun for viewers watching at home. ABC7's weekend anchor Karen Jordan and Windy City LIVE co-host Val Warner were also a part of the festivities, checking out the action along the parade route.
In addition, members of the ABC 7 news team including Linda Yu, Charles Thomas, Leah Hope Laura Washington and Windy City LIVE co-host Ryan Chiaverini rode atop the station's colorful float.
With more than 1.5 million people in attendance, the Bud Billiken Parade is the largest African-American parade and the second largest parade overall in the country. Recognized as a day of family fun and celebration, the parade has become an anticipated event in Chicago each August. The Bud Billiken Parade makes its way down Martin Luther King Drive from 42nd Street to Washington Park.
ABC7's broadcast of the Bud Billiken Parade is available on-demand here online.
Christopher Bowen is the executive producer of the Bud Billiken Parade.
- Lake Shore Drive reopens after 8-hour standoff
- Girl, about 3, found dead in Riverdale woods
- NCAA Tournament 2014 bracket matchups set 11 min ago
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Toddler reported missing on South Side
- Chicago celebrates St. Patrick's Day 2014
- Suspect in officer's death held on $10 mil bond
- Teen stabbed during Little Village robbery
- Des Plaines Oasis closing for good Sunday night
- Fred Phelps, of Westboro Baptist Church, suffers health issues 55 min ago
- Billion Dollar Bracket Challenge seeks perfect NCAA guesses 8 min ago
- Selection Sunday 2014: March Madness bracket hints 10 min ago
- ON DEMAND: St. Patrick's Day Parade
- abcnews: Honda Recalls 900,000 Odyssey Minivans
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos