82nd annual Bud Billiken Parade
August 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A summer tradition in Chicago since 1929 continued with ABC7's broadcast of the 82nd annual Bud Billiken Parade, live and in HD, Saturday, August 13, 10:00 am - 12:30pm.
ABC7 anchors Cheryl Burton, Jim Rose, and Hosea Sanders co-hosted from the broadcast booth capturing all the fun for viewers watching at home. ABC7's weekend anchor Karen Jordan and Windy City LIVE co-host Val Warner were also a part of the festivities, checking out the action along the parade route.
In addition, members of the ABC 7 news team including Linda Yu, Charles Thomas, Leah Hope Laura Washington and Windy City LIVE co-host Ryan Chiaverini rode atop the station's colorful float.
With more than 1.5 million people in attendance, the Bud Billiken Parade is the largest African-American parade and the second largest parade overall in the country. Recognized as a day of family fun and celebration, the parade has become an anticipated event in Chicago each August. The Bud Billiken Parade makes its way down Martin Luther King Drive from 42nd Street to Washington Park.
ABC7's broadcast of the Bud Billiken Parade is available on-demand here online.
Christopher Bowen is the executive producer of the Bud Billiken Parade.
- Fire at building, church in Gary, Indiana 13 min ago
- Fast-food workers protest low wages 53 min ago
- Video: Ditka Talks: Thursday @ 10 PM
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Woman, 23, missing from Lincoln Square 1 min ago
- CTA Blue Line to receive $492M investment
- Mayor to create grocery store task force
- 3 in custody in Homewood bank robbery
- Stagg High School students, teacher fall ill
- 911 dispatchers recall Washington IL tornado
- Concert in Bloomington benefits tornado victims
- Photos: Toddler falls meeting Obama puppy 'Sunny'
- abcnews: Meet Wonder Woman: Gal Gadot
- 7 in :77
5 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos