CPS attendance on 1st day up this year
Sept. 7, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Attendance at Chicago Public Schools on the first day of classes was the highest in four years, according to school officials.
Attendance was nearly 95 percent Tuesday. That's up from almost 93 percent last year.
Officials credit an aggressive back to school campaign.
chicago public schools, local
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie 34 min ago
- Boy, 13, describes Aurora home invasion
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Target: 40M card accounts may be breached
- Libertyville man, 66, claims attack by hospital security 38 min ago
- Indiana soldier among 6 dead in Afghanistan crash
- Janet Rowley, U of C cancer research pioneer, dies at 88
- Maine West coach trial gets testimony from ex-soccer player
- Mega Millions drawing leads to $1M ticket in Chicago
- Naperville fire kills 2, injures 3
- Cardinal George celebrates 50 years in priesthood
- Ga lottery winner to get Mega Millions $120M lump sum 58 min ago
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- 7 in :77
37 min ago
- Carbon monoxide hospitalizes 12 in Skokie
34 min ago
- Larry Lujack dies at 73, wife says body to...
2 min ago