CPS attendance on 1st day up this year
Sept. 7, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- Attendance at Chicago Public Schools on the first day of classes was the highest in four years, according to school officials.
Attendance was nearly 95 percent Tuesday. That's up from almost 93 percent last year.
Officials credit an aggressive back to school campaign.
chicago public schools, local
- Falling ice smashes car windshield in West Loop
- GOP gubernatorial candidates hold last forum before primary
- Rat problem could increase with spring thaw
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- MS Awareness Month events in Chicago area
- Catalytic converters stolen from cars in Chicago Lawn
- I-55 rest stop dedicated to fallen state trooper
- Priest: Billboard with assault weapon 'disrespectful'
- Potholes prompt revamped street paving plan
- CPS student's murder remains unsolved 5 years later
- Armed robberies prompt alert in South Shore
- Teenager sexually assaulted in Logan Square
- Chicago River to be dyed green Saturday morning
- abcnews: Cracked Dam Leads to Human Remains