Arne Duncan bus tour to stop in Ind., Chicago
September 8, 2011 (MERRILLVILLE, Ind.) (WLS) -- Education Secretary Arne Duncan is bringing his bus tour to Merrillville, Ind., Thursday.
His message is that education can help revitalize the economy in distressed areas that have been dominated by industries such as coal, steel and the production of cars.
His bus tour will bring him to Chicago Friday.
- Off-duty sheriff's officer shot in Bellwood
- Busiest holiday travel days at O'Hare, Midway
- Video: ABC 7 Chicago Weather App
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bank robber tied to Evanston tobacco shop murders
- 3 injured after Metra train hits vehicle in Des Plaines
- Illini grad Mike Hopkins prepares for spacewalk outside ISS
- Freezing rain north, west of Chicago
- Bolingbrook firefighters, Meijer donate gift cards to kids
- Dominick's stores prepare for final days of business
- Midlothian auto supply store burglarized 3 times in 1 night
- Ahmad's co-defendant pleads guilty in bribery case
- New recreation center to serve South Side neighborhoods
- abcnews: Dramatic Helicopter Rescue Caught on Tape
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed Photos