14-year-old charged with teen's shooting death
September 21, 2011 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A 14-year-old from Chicago is charged with murder for a fatal shooting on the South Side on Monday.
The victim was 15-year-old Steven McGee. Police say he was shot while walking in the 6000-block of South Prairie in the Washington Park neighborhood.
Witnesses identified the 14-year-old as the gunman. He attends a south side grammar school.
Police say it appears the shooting was part of an internal street gang conflict.
- Cardinal George: 'I expect to get through this'
- Search resumes Sunday for Malaysian jet
- Attempted abduction prompts community alert
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Child starts fire at Batavia apartment
- Mt. Prospect banquet hall closes suddenly
- Chase bank robbed on Northwest Side
- Cubs single-game tickets on sale
- 'Project Youth' provides lessons on teen pregnancy, more
- Bombing comment no threat to parade, police say
- Bill would ban SeaWorld orca shows in California
- Russia reinforces military presence in Crimea, Ukraine
- Dance marathon for Lurie Children's Hospital
- abcnews: Teens Help Save Man Stuck in Sewer