Illinoisan named world's shortest woman
September 21, 2011 (SANDOVAL, Ill.) (WLS) -- The Guinness World Records has announced new record holders for both the 'Shortest Living Woman' and 'Shortest Living Siblings' on the heels of the ''Guinness World Records 2012 Edition'' release last week.
Bridgette Jordan, a 22-year-old student from Sandoval, Ill., has been named the world's shortest living woman at just 2'3". Jordan also now holds the record for the shortest living siblings alongside her brother, 20-year-old Brad Jordan, who measures 3'2".
Both are students at Kaskasia College in central Illinois. Brad Jordan's hobbies include karate, gymnastics playing basketball and performing magic tricks. Bridgette Jordan enjoys dancing and cheerleading.
Bridgette and Brad have Majewski osteodysplastic primordial dwarfism type II.
"I believe that everyone should be confident in themselves," Bridgette Jordan said. She joins a list of small-statured woman that include previous record holders Elif Kocaman from Kadirli, Turkey, who measured 28.5 inches tall, and 17-year-old Jyoti Amge, the current shortest female teenager, who measures just 2 feet tall.
- Woman narrowly escapes grocery store crash
- Officials probe potential threat on Delta flight
- I-Team: Kevin Trudeau, an unlikely pauper
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Woman rescued from Lake Michigan near Jackson
- Chicago woman wins $14M verdict in Yasmin case
- CTA Orange Line track work underway this weekend
- Boy who drowned in Crystal Lake pond ID'd
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Pilsen parishes join together for Good Friday procession
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Twins Attack Carjacker With Fists, Toy Snake