GM debuts forward-collision warning system
October 3, 2011 (WLS) -- General Motors has a new camera system to warn drivers of a possible collision.
GM calls it the industry's first camera-based forward collision alert system with a lane departure warning.
A high-resolution digital camera monitors vehicles ahead as well as lane markings.
The system will give voice warnings and displays a visual alert on the dashboard if it detects trouble ahead.
The new forward collision warning system will debut first in the 2012 GMC Terrain and the Chevrolet Equinox.
- Deep freeze hits Chicago area, snow Sunday
- Nelson Mandela remembrances held in Chicago, around world
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- ComEd vault fire in West Loop
- Bicyclist struck, killed by car on West Side
- New church opens for fast-growing congregation
- 'Peeping Tom' caught watching woman before assault
- Pearl Harbor bombing anniversary marked
- Mega Millions winning numbers drawn for $297M
- United Airlines takes Starlight kids on trip to North Pole
- Lakeview runners strip down for 'Santa Speedo Run'
- Video: The Ditka you didn't know
- abcnews: Alleged Cannibal Run Hotel With Grilling Area