GM debuts forward-collision warning system
October 3, 2011 (WLS) -- General Motors has a new camera system to warn drivers of a possible collision.
GM calls it the industry's first camera-based forward collision alert system with a lane departure warning.
A high-resolution digital camera monitors vehicles ahead as well as lane markings.
The system will give voice warnings and displays a visual alert on the dashboard if it detects trouble ahead.
The new forward collision warning system will debut first in the 2012 GMC Terrain and the Chevrolet Equinox.
- Man, 20, charged in Boystown sex assault 30 min ago
- Neighbors rescue kids from West Pullman fire 27 min ago
- Chicago casino plans to be heard at Wednesday hearing
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast 33 min ago
- I-Team: Illinois Poison Center hotline's cry for help
- Priest Michael O'Connell reinstated by archdiocese
- Mother questions why Harvey police shot son
- Man shot in Palos Heights home invasion
- Local runners preparing for Boston Marathon
- Loop bank robbery suspect arrested
- Driver charged with drunken driving at 118 mph on I-55
- Police fatally shoot 'vicious' dog on South Side
- Photos: Adorable meerkats befriend photographer
- abcnews: Experts: Pistorius May Have Stumbled on Stand