100-year sentence for man in pregnant wife's murder
October 5, 2011 (VILLA PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- A US Navy recruiter was sentenced to 100 years in prison Wednesday for killing his pregnant wife.
Thirty-two-year-old Eric Gilford pleaded guilty to the murder back in June.
Prosecutors say Gilford stabbed his wife Kristine in Villa Park -- and their unborn son -- while her 4-year-old daughter from a previous relationship watched.
Gilford is a 13-year Navy veteran.
After the murder, Gilford drove west and was arrested at homeless shelter in Jackson, Wyoming.
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area 6 min ago
- Missing Michigan doctor's car found in Indiana
- Video: I-Team Mall Security
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 8 min ago
- Bogus Target charges may not appear for months 33 min ago
- Woman charged after 30 dogs removed from home 26 min ago
- Dixon to receive $9.2M restitution in Crundwell case 2 min ago
- Maine West coach hazing trial put on hold until January
- 2 men killed within blocks of each other in South Shore
- No CO detectors in Skokie apartments where people sickened
- Indiana Toll Road reopened after truck rollover
- Elkhart native killed in NATO helicopter crash in Afghanistan
- Aurora pastor gets 12 years in prison
- abcnews: 'Duck Dynasty' Puts Star on Hiatus
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
8 min ago
- 2 winter storms take aim at Chicago area
6 min ago
- Man thought to be Gacy victim reunited with...
10 min ago
- Toys for Tots gifts needed
45 min ago