100-year sentence for man in pregnant wife's murder
October 5, 2011 (VILLA PARK, Ill.) (WLS) -- A US Navy recruiter was sentenced to 100 years in prison Wednesday for killing his pregnant wife.
Thirty-two-year-old Eric Gilford pleaded guilty to the murder back in June.
Prosecutors say Gilford stabbed his wife Kristine in Villa Park -- and their unborn son -- while her 4-year-old daughter from a previous relationship watched.
Gilford is a 13-year Navy veteran.
After the murder, Gilford drove west and was arrested at homeless shelter in Jackson, Wyoming.
- Fans subdued after Blackhawks lose Game 3
- Mysterious substance closes Indiana beaches
- Danny Green, Manu Ginobili lead Spurs to Game 5 win over Heat
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Bruins beat Hawks 2-0, take series lead 2-1
- Mother convicted of killing son exonerated
- Man tried to sexually assault girl, 14, at gunpoint: Police
- Bill Daley proposes plan to end pension deadlock
- Chicago violence kills 8; 46 shot over weekend
- Ex-Chicago Ald. Medrano convicted in bribery case
- Cops: Man crawled through window, abused girl
- Evanston man accused of stealing, selling, re-stealing car
- Chief Keef pleads guilty to speeding, faces 2nd paternity suit
- abcnews: NSA Leaker Alleges US Spied on Allies
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos