Newborn found dead in Country Club Hills trash bin
January 2, 2012 (COUNTRY CLUB HILLS, Ill.) (WLS) -- Cook County officials say a 1-day-old baby boy was found in a south suburban Chicago trash bin and pronounced dead at a local hospital.
The Cook County medical examiner says the baby was found dead Sunday night at an apartment complex in Country Club Hills. The baby was pronounced dead at Advocate South Suburban Hospital in nearby Hazel Crest.
An autopsy was inconclusive.
DCFS is investigating an allegation of abuse against the mother, who is said to be 13 years old.
It was unclear whether she suffered a miscarriage or whether foul play was invovled in the death.
(The Associated Press contributed to this report.)
- Dangerous cold for Bears game 35 min ago
- Deer falls through ice in Willow Springs
- ABC 7 Special: Monday Night Monsters
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Mom wants justice in toddler's dog death
- Rod Blagojevich arrest 5th anniversary: a look back
- Sen. Kirk undergoes gall bladder surgery
- Chicago teachers rally for education issues
- Stained-glass exhibit opens in Chicago pedway 3 min ago
- Heisman Trophy 2013 Finalists: Jameis Winston, NIU's Jordan...
- Tilting tourist attraction may come to Hancock Center
- Eataly Chicago closes for day- one week after opening
- Rich Williamson of Ill. GOP dies at 64
- abcnews: Most Popular Gifts: 2013 vs. 1913 40 min ago
- Dangerous cold for Bears game
35 min ago
- SNAP: Reaction to Lakeview priest...
43 min ago