Teen's parents sue suspect in beach death
January 19, 2012 (WLS) -- A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed in a fatal Fourth of July beating at an Indiana beach.Kevin Kennelly Jr., 17, of the Beverly neighborhood in Chicago, died after being beaten at Long Beach, Indiana. His parents have filed a wrongful death suit against James Malecek, the man charged in the case.
The Kennellys claim Anne Malecek was drunk and became verbally abusive and then struck the victim's friend.
The suit says Kennelly's friend did not retaliate, but Anne Malecek contacted her brother James and sought to instigate a confrontation between the two.
Anne Malecek failed to tell her brother that Kennelly was not involved in the argument with his friend, the suit claims.
- Boy pulled from pond after 90 minutes dies
- CPD bike patrols to swarm high-crime areas
- Blackhawks lose heartbreaking 3OT STL Game 1
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged in CTA Yellow Line attack on senior citizen
- Man accused of Naperville 'Simpsons' graffiti
- Boy, 12, among 8 shot across city
- Mumps reports spike across Illinois
- Boy, 9, recovering from East Chicago pit bull attack
- Good Friday 2014 marked in Jerusalem, around world
- Gabriel Garcia Marquez, pioneer of magical realism, dead at 87
- Photos: 13-pound baby boy born in Philly suburb
- Photos: Iran killer spared just before hanging
- abcnews: Ferry Captain Among 1st to Abandon Ship