Teen's parents sue suspect in beach death
January 19, 2012 (WLS) -- A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed in a fatal Fourth of July beating at an Indiana beach.Kevin Kennelly Jr., 17, of the Beverly neighborhood in Chicago, died after being beaten at Long Beach, Indiana. His parents have filed a wrongful death suit against James Malecek, the man charged in the case.
The Kennellys claim Anne Malecek was drunk and became verbally abusive and then struck the victim's friend.
The suit says Kennelly's friend did not retaliate, but Anne Malecek contacted her brother James and sought to instigate a confrontation between the two.
Anne Malecek failed to tell her brother that Kennelly was not involved in the argument with his friend, the suit claims.
- Cardinal George to undergo more chemo 20 min ago
- Woman stabbed after leaving Wicker Park nightclub
- Man turns self in after baby dies in crash
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Metra train fatally hits man on NW Side 42 min ago
- Elderly woman dead after fire in Woodstock 39 min ago
- Guzman lieutenant set to plead guilty in Chicago
- Yik Yak disabled in Chicago amid bullying concerns
- Superintendent reprimanded after DUI arrest
- Body found near home of woman missing 2 years
- Opening statements begin in general's sex trial
- Blind man survives track fall as LA train arrives 15 min ago
- Go offline for National Day of Unplugging 5 min ago
- abcnews: Family Takes on Critics After Lung Transplant
- 7 in :77