Teen's parents sue suspect in beach death
January 19, 2012 (WLS) -- A wrongful death lawsuit has been filed in a fatal Fourth of July beating at an Indiana beach.Kevin Kennelly Jr., 17, of the Beverly neighborhood in Chicago, died after being beaten at Long Beach, Indiana. His parents have filed a wrongful death suit against James Malecek, the man charged in the case.
The Kennellys claim Anne Malecek was drunk and became verbally abusive and then struck the victim's friend.
The suit says Kennelly's friend did not retaliate, but Anne Malecek contacted her brother James and sought to instigate a confrontation between the two.
Anne Malecek failed to tell her brother that Kennelly was not involved in the argument with his friend, the suit claims.
- Board votes to close 50 CPS schools, programs
- Flight delays, cancellations at O'Hare, Midway
- Brian Urlacher announces retirement from NFL
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- 2 bodies found in car in West Englewood 30 min ago
- How much money will be saved by school closures?
- Chicago vehicle stickers now on sale 53 min ago
- Lombard man charged with threatening Glenbard East H.S.
- Donald Trump civil trial jury deliberations begin
- 4 school buses crash in Indiana, 50 injured
- Mahalia Jackson community glad school will stay open
- West Aurora sex abuse probe ends without arrests
- Palmer House Hilton up for sale
- Oklahoma Tornado: How to help
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos