86-foot yacht slows down LSD traffic
January 23, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- There was an unusual traffic slowdown on Lake Shore Drive over the weekend.
With the help of a truck, a huge yacht made its way into Navy Pier Sunday afternoon.
The 86-foot racing vessel named Ocean will be on display for the 17th annual Strictly Sail Chicago show opening Thursday.
The huge yacht costs more than $3.5 million. Ocean's biggest sail measures 5,000 square feet.
In addition to the sail show at Navy Pier this week, the yacht will grace Chicago's lakefront this summer.
- South Loop shooting injures 2
- Boy runs away from attempted kidnapper at Bell
- Memorial Day travel: Illinois roadways, airports busy
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
- Ill. House approves gun plan opposed by Quinn
- Evanston HS baseball season ends over sexting
- Ex-CPD officer sentenced in Latin Kings case
- Blackhawks trail Red Wings 3-1 in NHL playoff series
- Aldi parking lot shooting victim may have been set up
- Memorial Day marks start of summer travel season
- Report: Judge to hear CPS school closings case
- Bears to retire Mike Ditka number
- Photos: Skagit River Bridge Collapse on I-5
- abcnews: McDonald's CEO Scolded By 9-Year-Old