Chrysler accepting applications in Belvidere
January 27, 2012 (BELVIDERE, Ill.) (WLS) -- Chrysler is accepting applications for 400 to 500 jobs at its Belvidere, Ill. plant.
The factory will build the new dodge dart.
A Chrysler spokesperson says she cannot confirm reports that more that 1,600 jobs will actually be added.
The Dow Jones Newswires reports that Governor Pat Quinn and Chrysler's CEO will make that announcement next week.
- Chicago Weather: Snow creates messy commute
- Allan Kustok found guilty in wife's 2010 murder
- I-Team: Illinois state spy secret revealed
- ABC7 First Alert Weather Forecast
- Man charged with shooting Chicago officer
- $2M bond for man accused of shooting 6 at party
- Julius Peppers contract terminated by Chicago Bears
- Son goes on trial in man's beating, stabbing death
- 3 people shot in car at 76th, Stony Island
- Retired CPD sergeant hospitalized after East Side shooting
- MH370, missing Malaysia Airlines plane, gone 4 days
- San Francisco fire at Mission Bay construction site contained
- Man writes own, hilarious obituary
- abcnews: Obama Shops At The Gap
- 7 in :77