Students protest at DePaul president's office
March 1, 2012 (CHICAGO) (WLS) -- A group of DePaul students protested at the school's administrative offices Thursday night to protest a tuition increase.
Students met with the school's president for about a half-hour.
After the meeting a group of about 15 students elected to continue their sit-in until about 9 p.m.
The students want a tuition freeze and an additional public meeting before Saturday when the 2.5 percent increase for continuing students is expected to be approved.
- School shooting remembered 25 years later
- Extensive vandalism devastates South Side church
- Video: Monday @ 10: Expanded Gambling
- ABC7 Weather Forecast 47 min ago
- Relative of murdered Chicago child fatally shot
- WWI submarine has underwater Lake Michigan grave 42 min ago
- 4 dead, 15 shot in citywide gun violence
- CPS teachers continue citywide marches
- Homeless pets find homes with PAWS Chicago
- Shots fired, multi-car crash in Hammond Walmart parking lot
- Amtrak train from New Orleans to Chicago derails
- Quinn, parents of Newtown victims, speak on gun control
- Boy, 12, critically hurt in Little Village shooting
- abcnews: 13 Weird Things You Can Buy With Bitcoin
- ABC7 Weather Forecast
47 min ago
- WWI submarine has underwater Lake Michigan...
42 min ago
Most Viewed StoriesMost Viewed VideoMost Viewed Photos